Genetec Live Badging Customer Installation Checklist
Overview for Setting up xPressEntry with Genetec
- xPressEntry Documentation
- Ensure the xPressEntry license is installed.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to setup meeting for installing xPressEntry on the server.
- Sample Email
- Hello Telaeris,
We are installing xPressEntry at <customer site> to integrate badging with Cobalt Robotics. <ask to setup a time for installation>
- Create a door in Security Desk for each robot on the site. The doors should be named "robot_<robot_name>". Reach out to Cobalt Robotics for the robot_name to use.
- Before finishing up configuration with a Cobalt robot, the following information is required to be given to Cobalt:
- xpeServerIP: IP address of the XPressEntry server that the robot will communicate with.
- xpePort: Leave at 30001 for HTTPS or change to 30000 for HTTP.
- verifySSL: 0 doesn't require the robot to have signed the certificate and is insecure but acceptable in some cercumstances. Ask the customer what they would like to do. Use 1 to require the robot to have a signed certificate. For signed certificates, reach out to Telaeris to setup.
- Next, configure xPressEntry with the cobalt robot. This will require assistance by a Cobalt application engineer. Get them on the phone and do the following steps together.
- Open Tools/"Add Handheld Wizard"
- Select second options Set number of devices and handhelds as you go
- Set number of new devices to 1
- Now have the Cobalt Application Engineer do an xPressEntry Sync.
- You should see the robot appear on xpressentry and the number of new devices go back to 0.
- In XPressEntry, go to "Add/Edit Info" tab and then Readers
- In handhelds section on the left, select the latest handheld. Change name if desired. Set door to the door created in Genetec for the robot. If the door isn't showing up, a database sync may need to happen: Tools/Settings/"Data manager"/"Partial Sync Now".
- Now check that a badge scan works. Have the Cobalt application engineer test with a known badge number. Confirm the test badge scan wa successful.
- The application engineer with save the configuration and the robot is now sucessfully integrated with the Genetec live badging.