This article summarizes Cobalt's badge integration and the steps required to enable badge scanning on the robot.
High level of how badging works
Setting up new badge formats
- Send the following documents and materials to Cobalt:
- A physical test badge with the intended format
- .csv file containing the list of personnel with their associated first name, last name, badge id, badge status (active vs. inactive), and facility id
- Cobalt engineers will test and reverse engineer the badge format at our headquarters to generate the correct badge configuration.
- The badge configuration and hashed .csv file get uploaded to the robots remotely.
- Testing is conducted onsite with a user's badge to confirm the format is working and that the database contains the proper personnel.